Good news!!! Our temple is RE-OPENING
As you know, we are following the provincial health orders, Under Phase 3, some things will start to open in a limited way…such as restaurants, some businesses, and some of our outdoor recreational facilities such as tennis, etc. The provincial government has also released a policy for Places of Worship in Phase 3 In phase three, next week, the temple is allowed to open with 30 members gathering.
We will start the temple re-opening from Sunday, June 21st, 10:30am.
HSS Zoom Sunday service will end on June 14th.
We need to get all the preparations done before re-opening the service on June 21st.
We need to follow the governments guidelines and safety of our members.
1. Questions asked by the Volunteers before entering the temple –
- Answers to the following question must be NO
- Do you have fever/cough/feeling ill?
- Have you traveled outside Canada?
- Have you been contact with case of Covid-19?
- Attended mass gathering over 10 people
2. Guidelines for Accommodating Worship
- Although, 30 members gathering is allowed but, the HSS will allow 20 members at a time to enter at the temple. In order to manage effectively, please email ([email protected] to register yourself
- Attendees who are medically vulnerable are strongly encouraged to delay their return to services
- Please not to come if you are sick.
- Leave shoes out side of the temple.
- Everyone needs to use hand sanitizer before entering the temple, temple will provide.
- The entry from the main temple doors and exit from the Geeta Bhawan doors to ensure physical distancing is maintained.
- Follow all the signs and volunteers’ directions to keep physical distancing
- Please stay in marked seating areas (designated worship space) to observe physical distancing.
- Individuals from the same household may be seated together and should remain in place once they are seated.
- Keep physical distancing at time of leaving the temple
- Please keep physical distancing at car parking lot
- Please bring your own masks.
- Please follow the procedure.
- Parents should ensure that children should not run around inside the temple.
3. Guidelines for Hygiene and Cleaning
- Temple will be cleaned and disinfected of commonly contacted areas, including seating areas, doorknobs, handles, ceremonial objects, elevator buttons, railings and light switches.
- Please follow the signs posted at the temple; one-way, hand-wash and keep social distance etc. The volunteers will guide you.
- Encourage everyone to practicing proper hand hygiene and coughing/sneezing etiquette, including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer when hands are not visibly dirty and handwashing isn’t available.
- Avoid touching your face, mouth, nose and eyes.
- The washrooms are well stocked with liquid soap and paper towels, and that warm running water.
- Place an alcohol-based hand sanitizer bottle will be kept at the entrance.
4. Guidelines for Higher-Risk Activities
- No handshaking, just namaste only, passing objects between individuals, is not permitted.
- No use of Microphones or Harmonium
- Singing is not recommended at this time. We will play recorded music only
- Come to the alter for blessings or Hundi for donation one at a time, Alternatives are encouraged, such as online giving options.
- Bhajan Books and other common-use items will be removed from use.
- Prasad or any kind of food are suspended at this time.
For more information, please see the links for:
COVID 19 Report:
- To download the Power Point presentation on COVID click here.
- To download the pdf COVID presentation click here.
Places of Worship Guidelines
Please click here to access the Places of Worship Guildelines from the Province
Reflection of Hinduism:
By Nawal Sharma
Wednesday, June 10th, at 7:30pm
“The Deep wisdom of Durga Saptasati”
Temple Sunday Zoom Program
June 7th – 10:30am
Meeting ID: 562 172 649
Please mute your phone/iPad/computer unless your turn to sing/talk
Harmonium players, please play soft not too loud and
also, keep harmonium little away from you.