Good news!!! Temple is Re-Opening on Sunday, June 21st
Darshan Timings: Sundays – 10:30am to 12:00 noon
The temple service every Sunday will continue.
from 10:30am to 12:00pm
For any further inquiries please contact: Leela Sharma @ 306-380-7737
In order to keep the devotees and volunteers safe during
the COVID-19 pandemic,
it is mandatory for all the visitors to practice the following guidelines:
- Please write your name and phone numbers in the guest-book before entering the temple.
- Only 10 individuals will be allowed inside the temple at any given time.
- Devotees are allowed for Darshan for a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Devotees should be prepared to wait in a queue for their turn to enter the temple.
- Devotees must use face-Masks.
- Devotees should use hand-sanitizer (available at the entrance) before entry.
- Devotees should Co-Operate with volunteers and all other safety guidelines.
- Parents should ensure that children will practice social distancing.
- Devotees are allowed to ENTER only from the main prayer hall and EXIT from Gita-Bhawan doors.
- Access to Gita Bhawan Hall and basements will remain closed.
- Offering of any food/fruits to the Lord and distribution of same are not permissible.
- We recommend to come prepared to avoid use of the bathrooms in the temple premises.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT TEMPLE IF YOU HAVE ANY FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS
HSS AGM Sunday, July 26th at 1:00pm
The HSS AGM re-scheduled for Sunday, July 26th, 2020 at 1:00pm at the temple/Gita Bhawan. We will review the public health restrictions and advisory closer to the proposed meeting date, and will host the meeting on a virtual platform if needed. The agenda and other details of AGM will remain the same as announced on March xxth.
- Call to order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of Annual General Meeting of April 2019
- Tabling of minutes of semi-Annual General Meeting of Nov 2019
- Business arising from minutes
- President’s report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Coordinators reports
- Other Business
- Election of board members for 2020-22
For the purpose of elections, HSS board has appointed a nominating committee according to Article X, section 1.0 of HSS by-laws. The members of this committee are Dr. Madan Gupta, Chair (306-933-0663), Mrs. Maya Chakravarti (306-933-1173) and Mr. Kishore Gali (306-281-0039). Dr Sunil Yadav will be the returning officer.
Any member of HSS, who is in good standing, and interested to volunteer as a board member may contact the members of the nomination committee.
HSS Zoom Sunday service for Sundays ended on June 14th.
We had very high participants in the zoom services, HSS founding members, members and devotees from in town and also from out of town (Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Prince-Albert, North Battleford, Lloyd Minister, Calgary, Edmonton and US etc.) taken part.
Thank you everyone for your participation.
Everyone enjoyed the service and social time after.
We received many positive emails, text and messages.
Appreciate your love and support.
Many devotees want us to continue this Sunday service on Zoom!!
We will work on it and let our members know the decision.
Please join Hanuman Chalisa, and Aarti
on Zoom will start every Tuesday, 5:30pm.
(Time may change, please visit HSS Facebook for updates)
Meeting ID: 562 172 649
Walkathon with social distancing
June 27th at 8:00am @Meewasin park, Located in the city’s north-west
Please meet at Barbeque pits, picnic tables, close to Pinehouse Drive and Spadina Crescent and washroom facilities.
The parking lot is accessible from Spadina Crescent.
The 4 km walk to Circle Drive Bridge and back. Please bring your own chair or blanket. After the walk Light packed brunch and water bottle provided